- Brand new services added to megabus.com timetable
- Five new locations to be served by megabusplus.com
- Tickets available now for even more budget travel links across the UK
Stagecoach Group confirmed that it is expanding its budget transport services to offer low-cost travel between even more locations across the UK.
Stagecoach Group has announced a fantastic change in the timetables of its subsidiaries - Megabus and Megabusplus. It is possible that Stagecoach has reacted in this way due to the sudden introduction of 25% discount by National Express (more info here).
megabus.com - the UK’s market-leading budget coach operator - launches its new timetable on 23 May, and will serve Thetford, Carmarthen and Pembroke Dock for the first time. Services to Norwich and Swansea are also being re-introduced, while passengers travelling from Plymouth and Exeter to London will benefit from improved frequency.
In addition, budget coach-rail service megabusplus.com – which is also part of Stagecoach Group – is also expanding its timetable from 23 May to serve new locations and provide more low-cost services between the north of England and London.
Tickets for all of the new services are available to book now by visiting www.megabus.com
Megabus.com, which offers budget coach travel for as little as £1+50p, is making a number of enhancements to its services across the UK, including the introduction of new services and additional journeys to meet increasing passenger demand for budget coach links. The expansion means that megabus,com now serves over 60 locations across the UK.
Among the enhancements in the new megabus.com timetable are:
- A new twice daily service between Norwich and Thetford to London
- Improved frequency between Plymouth, Exeter and London
- A new service between London and Swansea and Pembroke Dock with through ferry fares to Rosslare in Ireland.
- A through ferry fare to Rosslare in Ireland also available from Bristol, Newport and Cardiff.
- New once daily connections from Carmarthen to Pembroke Dock (& Rosslare), Swansea, Cardiff, Newport, Bristol and London.
- Additional journeys from Perth and Edinburgh to Newcastle, Sheffield and London
- An additional daily journey from Aberdeen to London
- A new link between Edinburgh and Leeds
From 23 May, megabusplus.com will serve Burnley, Nelson, Colne, Skipton and Keighley for the first time, offering integrated coach-rail travel to London from £1+50p.
The service currently operates from York, Hull, Scunthorpe, Bradford, Harrogate, Halifax, Huddersfield, Doncaster and Castleford. Passengers travel on a comfortable coach to East Midlands Parkway Station where they then board an East Midlands Trains service to take them to London St Pancras.
Among the enhancements to the megabusplus.com timetable are:
- New services from Burnley, Nelson and Colne to London
- New services between Skipton and London
- New services between Keighley and London
- Increased frequency on journeys between Huddersfield, Halifax, Bradford and London
- Additional journeys between York and London
- Additional journeys between Harrogate and London
- Increased frequency on journeys between Hull and London
- Additional late night journey from London to Scunthorpe
- Additional Sunday journeys between Doncaster, Castleford and London
Stagecoach Group Chief Executive Brian Souter said: “Our budget services are continuing to attract more and more people looking for an affordable, reliable and greener travel alternative.
“This new timetable will allow even more people, in even more places to access our fast, comfortable services for as little as £1+50p and help make their money go further.”
Bookings can be made now for the new megabus.com timetable which starts on 23 May.
For more information about megabus.com services or megabusplus.com services visit www.megabus.com