- Start of new services which link Brussels with Luxembourg, Lille and Rotterdam
- Extra services underway between Brussels and Paris, Amsterdam and Cologne
- Routes operating from new megabus.com base in Belgium
- Tickets on sale at www.megabus.com with fares from €1.
Market-leading operator megabus.com on Monday the 6th of October began operating a new network of services in the Benelux region after opening a dedicated base in Belgium.
The company previously announced the new low-cost coach services which link Brussels with Luxembourg, Lille and Rotterdam, offering fares from just €1.
As we wrote earlier the new services are being operated from a new megabus.com base near Brussels, which is the company’s first ever depot in mainland Europe. Megabus has set up a Belgian company and recruited 20 Belgian drivers who will operate the services from the base at Sint-Pieters-Leeuw in the province of Flemish Brabant, which is shared with well-established local coach company Bell Tours.
The new network of routes provides daily services between Brussels and Rotterdam, between Brussels and Luxembourg and between Brussels and Lille.
The new services operate on the following frequencies:
- Brussels - Luxembourg – one service per day in each direction (journey time 3 hours)
- Brussels - Lille – three services per day in each direction (journey time under 2 hours)
- Brussels - Rotterdam – one service per day in each direction (journey time 2 hours 20 minutes).
The company has also increased the frequency on some of its existing Europe services.
There are now five return journeys per day between Brussels and Paris; four return journeys between Brussels and Amsterdam; and four daily return journeys between Brussels and Cologne.
In addition, the new timetable means that Antwerp now has a link to Cologne for the first time, operating one service a day in each direction.
Elsewhere in Europe new services have launched between Paris and Cologne and between Amsterdam and Cologne and an increased frequency is now in place between Amsterdam and Lille.
Tickets for the new routes are on sale at www.megabus.com