Visit us on:



Travel information

Latest comments


Travel abroad with official documents

Posted in Vacation planning

Dear traveller or our blog reader! We get a lot of questions about required travel documents when travelling between the European Union countries.

So if you are planning a coach journey to another EU country, you need to find out which documents you'll need to cross the border. Although within the Schengen area you do not have to show your passport when crossing the border, it is always worth to have a passport or ID card. Crossing the border of Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Ireland, Romania and the United Kingdom, you still have to show a valid identity card or passport. These countries, even though they are part of the EU, do not belong to the Schengen area (crossing without a passport). Prior to your coach departure from your home country, always check what documents you must have to enter the country outside the Schengen area.

The above information applies exclusively when travelling within the EU countries, other European countries such as Belarus, Russia (both are not the EU members) besides showing passports require visas or transit visas. Before the journey always visit the embassy website of the country that you are going to.

Leave a comment

Your comment will be posted after moderator approval
Go top!